So it’s time to announce the winner of “Affiliate Marketing Tips” Contest – Win iPod or Flip Mino
We received a wonderful response and lots of entries from people all round the world. Some were one liners (you can see the comments on that contest post), some were usual known tricks, some were lengthy & informative while some were short & sweet. It was tough to decide the winning entry, but after going through each entry, I found the below entry a clear winner.
And the winner is Hetal (mailfast****yahoo dot com ) Congratulations Hetal for winning the “Secret Is out” contest sponsored by MarketLeverage. Please contact me with your prize option ( Ipod nano 8GB or Flip MinoHD ) and shipping details.
Also winning entries will go for nomination into the final step where every participating blog will vote for their favorite 3 winning entries (not including their own blog’s winning entry). And top 3 entries with maximum votes will win Amazon Kindle, $100 reward card and $50 iTunes card –>
Update: Hetal’s entry won the 2nd prize in the grand prize voting.. Congrats again for $100 ML Reward card.
Ok, below is the winning entry and you will some really helpful tips. I will post the other entries too one by one after few days so that everyone can learn those affiliate marketing tips and secrets.
Making Money from Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing programs are a great way to make money from your websites, but to maximize on their earning potential you will need to spend of bit of time and effort on making them work, and learning all of the little affiliate tricks to choosing the right programs, and integrating them into your website successfully. Most of the people who claim that they know all about affiliate marketing actually do not even know the initials well.
No matter how hard you try, sometimes your website fails to drive the required amount of traffic. The same thing is applicable in the case of marketing as well. It is here where the affiliate marketing business tips act as a savior.
Here are a few tips to help you cash in on affiliate programs:
1. Integration – there is nothing worse then following a link to a website you think sounds interesting, only to find it has a lot of blatant and overwhelming advertising that has nothing to do with the topics being discussed. To avoid annoying your visitors you will need to take a bit of time to choose affiliate marketing programs that can blend in easily into your existing website theme, and choosing programs that are advertising products/services that are relevant is a good start. For example if you have a website all about pets, then you need to select affiliate programs that are advertising pet related products like dog food, kennels, animal treatments or pet insurance. There is no point running affiliate programs for beauty products or the latest gadgets as it is unlikely that these will be of much interest to your visitors, and you will be just wasting time and resources.
So first and foremost analyze your landing page. Make sure it looks well as this would determine your future profits. People never tend to buy from a site which is clumsy in appearance. Never even dare to copy the landing page of someone else as this can ruin your chances of attracting visitors who might also turn out to be probable customers. Also, place the affiliate links/banner above the fold and at the end of the landing page. Make them stick out of the page and keep some space around them.
2. Keywords – keywords are important to attaining high rankings on search engine results (which is vital for attracting visitors), so sit down and write a good keyword list that is relevant to your website theme and chosen affiliate programs, and make sure you incorporate them often throughout the content of your website, ensuring they are included in titles and HTML tags (yes, you can gain some direct FREE search engine traffic if your site ranks well ) . Start with lower bids and increase the bid in small succession to know what brings the best ROI. Try campaigns with different ad groups and different keywords. Keep working and keep researching into this. Make sure that you are not bidding on trademarks or other objectionable keywords.
Various keyword suggestion tools are available on net – including free and paid ones. Long tailed keywords are better converting and costs less CPC – but requires lot of research regarding this.. It’s not a one day task.
Here are few Free keyword tools
3. Offers – First question by every newbie – which offers to promote, which offers work best ? This depends on various factors and your interested field. Zip/email submit offers can be easy to start with but don’t bring much in a short time. Free trial offers would be a next step, but you will find lots of competition here. Also, some are masters in incentive based programs. Promote what is hot and also which have less competition. Remember, there are millions of people like you who are sitting there to make money online. Don’t forget to take advantage of seasonal and festive promotions.
4. Direct linking is another essential tip which can help you strike the chord of success in affiliate marketing. It often happens that your visitors move away from your site even before they glance through the offers listed down there. It is here that the direct links work wonder and eliminating them might purge your future prospects completely. Though Google and yahoo don’t allow direct linking, but I have ran many email/zip submit offers via direct link on Yahoo Search Network without any problems.
5. Tracking & Research – Make sure your check out your traffic and conversion rates from time to time. Sometimes it happens that the users are not at all interested in the products listed on your site. In this case use Google Analytics and examine the keywords which are drawing traffic to your site and then proceed to place relevant ads. You will also find sub id tracking in MarketLeverage campaigns which will help you in researching the top performing keywords.
6. Free Traffic – Here free traffic means, traffic outside PPC campaigns. Keep participating in various social networking sites, forums, blogs and so on. Viral Marketing, link baiting, Facebook Ads, Youtube video marketing, Craigslist/classified posting, SEO etc are some more cost effective ways for a massive affiliate marketing. Though singly they will not bring a lot of traffic, but collectively they can surpass PPC traffic.
7. Website publications – newsletters and special competitions/giveaways are a great way to advertise your website, and get visitors to leave valuable contact details to help push future advertising campaigns. A newsletter only needs to include two or three main articles of around 300 -600 words each, and can be sent out either every fortnight or once a month, so they should be easy to fit into a busy schedule. Try and think of a theme for each newsletter, and include articles that refer back to content on your website, to encourage people to visit there for more information. Competitions and giveaways also create a good ‘lure’ to get people to visit and sign up on your website, and they are simple and easy to set up, with small prizes and offers working well as long as you make it straightforward for people to apply. Once you have a good list of member contact details you can also send out emails regarding new items on your website or upcoming promotions and offers.
8. Content – if an affiliate program is to be successful you need to have sufficient site traffic, and the key to this is providing interesting and constantly updated (at least three times a week if possible) content. Think about the sort of visitors you hope to attract, and write articles with them in mind. For example if you have a website that is all about herbal supplements and over the counter medicines, then visitors will expect well written, concise articles that include plenty of facts and figures. However if you are running a website that is about arts and crafts then visitors will expect plenty of demonstration articles and pictures, and personal, friendly anecdotes about crafts projects. The key is to target your audience and cater to their needs, providing relevant, easy to read content that will interest them and encourage them to return, and also recommend your site to friends.
9. Keep Learning – Yes, keep learning what’s new in the internet and affiliate marketing world. Participate in various affiliate marketing forums and learn/share with the fellow members. Keep reading tips and updates on various blogs and sites. Know what’s hot, what is in demand, promotional methods, new networks and so on. Here are some helpful resources:
If you are a beginner at running affiliate marketing programs that it is best if you stick to just two or three to start with, and work at maximizing these before you move on. It is important that you devote enough time to each of your affiliate schemes, in order to maximize their potential, and successful affiliate users can make more money from one good scheme that is run efficiently, than some users can from six or seven schemes that are poorly managed.
10 – Friendship with the network – Last but not the least, create a friendship with your affiliate network and affiliate managers. Ask them for various promotional offers, marketing tactics, special commission, banners/landing pages, keywords and so on. Ask them which offers are converting best. There are various dedicated AM’s out there on Market Leverage to help you out.
I think I have written a lot and would have made an e-book of this, lol. Hope you will find these tips interesting and useful. Happy Money Making from affiliate marketing on Market Leverage.